Full Day – Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka
This Full Day – Tour to the Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka – Qeswachaka Peru, will take you to know one of the places not so crowded or little known on the route of the south valley of Cusco. Likewise, located on top of the Apurímac River which has an elevation of 15 meters. So, it belonged to the road network of the Qhapaq Ñan or Inca Trail, and it is one of the Inca bridges that still maintains its authenticity intact since it is made (Puna straw or ichu). Certainly, around 1,000 residents of the nearby communities are responsible for rebuilding it annually in June.
To clarify, the meaning of the name derives from two Quechua meanings “Q’eswa” = braid, “Chaka” = bridge. You will obtain complete satisfaction after your tour.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
The Striking Qeswachaka Rope Bridge
Firstly, we will pick you up from your hotel in the morning to be en route, in the course, through the province of Acomayo we will stop and visit the different lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha, and Pampamarca or Tungasuca. Then, in these lagoons, they usually practice field activities such as fishing, totora hut camps, pedal boats. In the same way, you can observe different species of flora and fauna in each lagoon.
After that, we will go to the province of Canas. Finally, we will reach our leading destination the Qeswachaka rope bridge (3,700 masl / 12,139 feet). Moreover, it has 33 meters long and 1.20 meter wide because each year is renewed by hand with the use of ichu by the inhabitants of the area. However, before carrying out the activity, a payment ceremony is made to the Pachamama to get help and protection during processing.
We will pass by the hanging Inca bridge, which will require courage to do it. Most importantly, it’s really an exceptional experience that cannot be missed since it is one of the bridges that awaits its tradition from the time of the Incas to our days. Above all, you will get great pictures of the authentic and unique panorama. Once we visited the place, we will finish our Qeswachaka bridge tour returning to Cusco and leave you at your respective hotel.
- Minimum altitude: 3,600 masl / 11,811 ft.
- Maximum altitude: 3,700 masl / 12,139 ft.
- Places that are visited during Qeswachaka Bridge Peru Tour:
- Pomacanchi lagoon
- Asnaqocha lagoon
- Pampamarca or Tungasuca lagoon
- Qeswachaka Bridge
- Private transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
- Certainly, we pick you up for Qeswachaka Peru tour at 7 am from your hotel lobby, and the drop-off will be around 6 pm.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your hotel must be located in Cusco city. If not, please inform us at the booking time.
THINGS TO BRING
- For Qeswachaka Bridge Tour we recommend you bring the following:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 35 or higher.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.