Humantay Lake Day Trip – Humantay Lake Tour from Cuzco: An extraordinary adventure, ideal for nature and ecotourism lovers. Above all, or those who love walking and observing exotic flora and fauna, impressive snowy peaks (Humantay, Salkantay, and others).
Most importantly, this fantastic journey will give you time to know the Humantay glacier lake in all its splendor and tranquility. So, you will be fascinated by so much natural beauty that awaits the Humantay mountain near the second-highest peak of Cusco.
- Meals: Continental Breakfast / snacks / fresh lunch
- Distance: 7 km / 4.35 Miles.
- Minimum altitude: 2,900 masl / 9,515 ft
- Humantay Lake altitude: 4,200 masl / 13,779 ft
- Humantay Lake difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Departure: Cusco (05:00 am)
- Return: Cusco (05:00 pm)
Humantay Lake Tour From Cuzco
Firstly, we will be waiting at the door of the hotel at 05:00 in the morning to be able to take you on a trip of around 3 hours to the village of Mollepata (2,900 masl / 9,515 ft). Consequently, we will have a delicious breakfast and recover energy to go to Soraypampa (3,850 masl / 12,631 ft). After that, we will start the walk to which our guide will look carefully at any problem that may occur, if you wish, you can rent horses offered by the inhabitants of the area.
During the ascent to Humantay lake day trip, we will have the opportunity to observe the diverse flora and fauna that inhabit the area. Likewise, we will find some native birds of the area, as well as to get great views of the Andean landscape. Consequently, once we arrived in the area, we will enjoy our small lunchbox and replenish our energy. Subsequently, we will be delighted with the spectacular views of the Humantay Lagoon (4,200 masl / 13 779 feet) and its turquoise waters where you can take panoramic photographs. Above all, we will thank the Pachamama and the Apus in a small ritual with coca.
After having relaxed, we will descend to Soraypampa where our transport will be waiting for us to take us to Mollepata. Arriving here, we will take our lunch, to later transport ourselves back to the city of Cusco and leave it in the hotel. In this way, we had concluded our Humantay lake day trip.
HUMANTAY LAKE DAY TRIP INCLUDES:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Professional tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Touristic transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of trek)
- Entrance to the Humantay Lake.
- First aid kit equipment.
- Return transportation to Cusco.
- Tips for your crew
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT TO BRING – FULL DAY HUMANTAY LAKE
- Original Passport
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick-dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)