Exploring Machu Picchu 1 Day Tour
Exploring Machu Picchu Tour – Machu Picchu Day tour, takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey. So, on arrival to Aguas Calientes you are met by your guide and go up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour of the site.
To clarify, this extraordinary settlement lies halfway up the Andes Plateau, deep in the Amazon jungle and above the Urubamba River. It was probably abandoned by the Incas because of a smallpox outbreak and, after the Spanish defeated the Incan Empire, the city remained ‘lost’ for over three centuries. It was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
FULL DAY: CUSCO – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Firstly, to start our Best Machu Picchu Tour we will pick you up from your hotel and leave from Cusco very early in the morning. So, we’ll travel by touristic private van to the living town of “Ollantaytambo” in the Sacred Valley. Then, we’ll board our train to Aguas Calientes. With beautiful scenery throughout the journey, the train journey itself is an experience. Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley of the incas, you’ll arrive to Aguas Calientes.
Subsequently, upon your arrival to Aguas Calientes town, our tour guide will be there to greet you and take you to the bus station to head straight up to Machu Picchu “one of the seven wonders” for your guided tour. The tour lasts for about 2 hours during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
Later, in the afternoon, you take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then carry on by touristic private bus to Cusco city.
INCLUDED FOR MACHU PICCHU TOUR:
- Train to Machu Pichu with Inca Rail Company or Peru Rail Expedition train (Round trip)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transfers (from and to the hotel)
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee: Extra US$45
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- .Daily departures for Exploring Machu Picchu: With at least 02 people. Our train tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- Certainly, in the morning 04:30 am or 05:00 am (according to the train schedule)
- Duration of best Machu Picchu tour: Approximately 16 hours.